Hero Saves Neighbor From House Fire

Amarillo fire crews worked a fire in the North Heights neighborhood, Tuesday night.

When AFD arrived they found smoke coming out of the open front door at 1616 Northwest 16th at 7:17 p.m. and when they entered the house found a smoldering carpet that had filled the house with smoke.


The fire was quickly put out. There were no injuries, but the homeowner was asleep at the time and a next-door neighbor ran into the house and got the man out in a wheelchair.


It’s been determined the blaze was caused by improperly thrown away smoking material.

More about: