Weather Alert

Amarillo Fire Crews Battle Sunday Blaze

The Amarillo Fire Department was called out to a house fire Sunday.

Crews responded to a home in the 9200 block of Gaston Avenue in the southwest part of town, just before 4:30 and found smoke coming from the chimney and attic area at the rear of the structure.

The fire was accidental, caused by radiant heat from a recreational fire in the fireplace while the residents were home.

The fire was contained by 5:20

No injuries were reported and damages were estimated at $100,000.

 



Connect With Us Listen To Us On