Weather Alert

Two Goats Saved In Structure Fire

Amarillo Firefighters had to hustle to a structure fire Thursday morning in the 700-block of South Fairmont Street.

They arrived at the scene to find heavy black smoke and fire coming from the rear of the property.

Firemen were able to work their way to the back of the structure where a goat pen and a stack of tires were burning under a tree, and the flames had spread causing a powerline to come down.

The crews were able to put out the blaze and save several goats, and they also called Xcel Energy to repair the powerline as well as animal control to pick up the goats.

AFD says it appears that a heat lamp was plugged into an extension cord ignited the blaze, and they’re asking the public to operate heaters and heat lamps away from combustible material,

Avoid using extension cords unless necessary.

 



Connect With Us Listen To Us On