North Heights, the Barrio, San Jacinto and Eastridge neighborhoods are the beneficiaries of more than $10.3 million in improvement projects led by the City of Amarillo, in partnership with Potter County.
The Neighborhood Plans represent the most ambitious and progressive neighborhood renewal projects the City of Amarillo has undertaken in decades.
The City of Amarillo has spent or allocated more than $10 million in these areas so far, with an additional $300,000 provided by Potter County.
Here are a few of the highlights of the Neighborhood Plans:
● North Heights: Sidewalk Projects for 12th Ave., 18th Ave. and 24th Ave. ($300,000)
● The Barrio: Barrio Mural – 10th St. underpass. ($75,000 for base coat and artist fees.)
● San Jacinto: Annual Pipebursting Project ($266,000)
● San Jacinto/North Heights/Eastridge: Street Projects in Northwest and Northeast Quadrants – seal coating. ($2.4million).
● North Heights: Warford Rehabilitation Project ($2.5 million) and Inn of Amarillo demolition ($780,000).
For more information contact City of Amarillo Communications Manager Dave Henry at (806) 378-5219 or by
email at [email protected].