House Fire Southwest 8th and Florida

Amarillo firefighters started out their day by battling a blaze at Southwest 8th and Florida.

They were called out at midnight on the report of a housefire.

When they got there they found smoke and fire showing from the front of the home, did a search and extinguished the blaze.

The resident of the house was inside but was able to make it out safely.

The house adjacent suffered heat damage with a broken window and siding melted off, from the heat of the fire.

The Fire Marshal’s Office has determined the blaze was accidental because the resident of the home was charging their cellphone on a bed with a chain of homemade battery packs, and the battery packs ignited the mattress on fire

More about: