Weather Alert

Food Cooking On Stove Cause Of House Fire

Amarillo Fire Department in action KGNCNEWSNOW.COM

The Amarillo Fire Department knocked down a blaze at a home in north Amarillo on Friday.

AFD crews were called to the scene of a structure fire in the 5800 block of North East 19th Avenue at 2:30 p.m and found smoke and fire showing from the roof of the residence with all the occupants already outside.

Once they entered the residence they found the fire in the kitchen and attic and were able to knock down the flames and call the fire under control at about 3:07 p.m.

Red Cross assistance was requested for the residents and no injuries were reported.

The fire started on the stove while cooking food.

 


Connect With Us Listen To Us On