The City of Amarillo is preparing for Christmas by closing certain buildings for the holiday. Here are some of the closures:
- City Hall will close on Friday the 23rd and Monday the 26th.
- COA Solid Waste will have a changed schedule for the next two weeks. During the week of the 26th, all services will stay the same. For the week of Jan. 2nd, Monday routes will be moved to Tuesday, and Tuesday routes will be collected on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday services will stay the same. For commercial usage, Monday and Tuesday routes will be collected on Tuesday. Wednesday thru Saturday will stay the same. COA Landfill will be closed on Jan 2nd.
- Amarillo City Transit will do the Saturday schedule on Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th. ACT will be closed on Dec. 26th and Jan 2nd.
- All Amarillo Public Library locations will be closed from Dec. 23-26 as well as Jan. 1 and Jan. 2.
- Ross Rogers and Comanche Trail Golf Complexes will be closed Christmas Day but will stay open on Dec. 24th, 31st, and Jan 1st.
If you have any questions or concerns contact the City of Amarillo at (806) 378-3000.