- USDA releases quarterly Hogs and Pigs report.
- USDA releases annual Prospective Plantings report and quarterly Grain Stocks report.
- Deadline when eligible people can nominate outstanding women to be selected as “America’s Mom of the Year” sponsored by Monsanto. Nominations can be made from March 1 – March 31. For more information, go to: http://www.americasfarmers.com/
March 31-April 2
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association annual convention. For more information, go here: https://www.cattleraisersconvention.com/
- To help K-12 educators enhance their STEM curriculum, the America’s Farmers Grow Rural Education program, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund, will once again provide farmers with the opportunity to nominate their Texas public schools for opportunities to receive $10,000 and $25,000 grants. The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2017. For more information go to: http://www.americasfarmers.com/
- After the traditional winter hiatus, USDA resumes publication of weekly Crop Progress report. The report is issued throughout the summer and fall on Mondays (except when Monday is a federal holiday).
- USDA releases monthly Dairy Products report.
- Plains Cotton Growers annual meeting. For more information, go here: http://plainscotton.org/
- USDA issues monthly WASDE and Crop Production reports.
- 2017 Hemphill County Texas A&M AgriLife Beef Cattle Conference Tuesday, April 25th and Ag Tour April 26th. To learn more about the event, go here: https://www.hemphillcotxbeef.com/