- Irrigated crop producers are invited to a meeting focusing on irrigation management and crop marketing at the Ochiltree Expo Center in Perryton. Registration is free and starts at 8:30 am. Topics include reports from the North Plains Water District on their summer demonstration projects. Also a special presentation on late season corn marketing by Alan Brugler. Lunch will be provided. For more information contact the Ochiltree County Extension Office, 806-435-4501.
- Deadline for submitting comments to EPA and the Army Corps of Engineers about the Waters of the U.S. Rule. To submit comments, go here: https://www.regulations.gov/
- Mail ballot process open for voting on proposed Oklahoma state beef checkoff. The official balloting day is November 1. For more information, go here: https://www.oklahomabeefcheckoff.com/
- Texas Cattle Feeders Association will hold there 50th Annual Convention at Embassy Suites in Downtown Amarillo. For more information, go here: https://www.tcfa.org/news-events/convention/
- Voting day for producers on the proposed Oklahoma state beef checkoff. For more information, go here: https://www.oklahomabeefcheckoff.com/
- Deadline for farmers to enroll in “America’s Farmers Grow Communities” program that offers a chance to direct a $2,500 donation to a local eligible nonprofit organization. For more information, call 1-877-267-3332 or go to: http://www.americasfarmers.com/grow-communities/
- Deadline for students in grades 9-12 to participate in the H2You water conservation contest sponsored by the High Plains Water District. For more details, go to: http://www.hpwd.org/contest or call 806-762-0181