- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services is hosting “Solutions: Managing Economic Risks” in Lubbock. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. at Cagle’s Steaks and BBQ, 8732 4th St. To insure a seat, preregistration is requested to the AgriLife Extension office in Crosby County at 806-675-2347 and there will be a $30 fee at the door. For more information, go here: https://today.agrilife.org/2018/01/15/economic-risk-management-program-offered-crop-producers-jan-23-lubbock/
- USDA releases monthly Cold Storage and Milk Production reports.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension will host “Developing This Year’s Marketing Plan for Feed Grains” workshop in Amarillo from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M each day . For more information, go here: https://today.agrilife.org/2018/01/09/feed-grains-marketing-workshop-set-jan-23-24-amarillo/
- The Texas Alliance for Water Conservation is hosting the 4th Annual TAWC Water College at the Lubbock Civic Center. For more information, go here: https://www.tawcwatercollege.com/
- USDA releases monthly Livestock Slaughter report.
- USDA releases monthly Cattle on Feed report.
- USDA releases annual January Cattle inventory report.
- Deadline or responding to the 2017 Census of Agriculture. For more information, go here: https://www.agcensus.usda.gov/
- Texas A&M AgriLife’s 11-month Grass Grazing and Animal Management School begins in Pampa. To learn more about this event, click here: https://today.agrilife.org/2017/12/28/agrilife-extension-offer-grass-grazing-animal-management-school-pampa/
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will offer an 11-month Grass Grazing and Animal Management School beginning Feb. 6 in Pampa. The school will meet from 1-5 p.m. the first Tuesday of the month through December in the Gray County Annex. For more information, go here: https://today.agrilife.org/2017/12/28/agrilife-extension-offer-grass-grazing-animal-management-school-pampa/
- Texas A&M AgriLife hosts the annual High Plains Irrigation Conference in Amarillo. For details, click here: https://today.agrilife.org/2017/12/26/high-plains-irrigation-conference-set-feb-7-amarillo/
- The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Ag Committtee for Swisher County will host an auxin specific herbicide training for producers from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. Feb. 7 at the Attebury Grain office in Tulia. Go here for more information: https://today.agrilife.org/2018/01/03/agrilife-extension-sets-auxin-specific-herbicide-training-feb-7-tulia/
- The Texas High Plains Grain Elevator Workshop will take place at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, at 6500 W. Amarillo Blvd. in Amarillo from 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Registration is $40 and an RSVP is requested by Feb. 12 to Ronda Fisher at 806-677-5600. For more information, go here: https://today.agrilife.org/2018/01/18/high-plains-grain-elevator-workshop-set-feb-15-amarillo/
- Texas A&M AgriLife conducts High Plains Dairy Conference in Amarillo. For more information, go here: https://today.agrilife.org/2018/01/21/high-plains-dairy-conference-returns-amarillo-march-6-7/